Sunday, April 27, 2008

my chance

yep after being dropped I got a chance to play. I was in the playing eleven and my name in the eleventh player. So it was saturday morning we elected to bowl and surprisingly they gave me the bowl and my first over was pretty good. A maiden to start off. But I didnt have a great day in the field. I DROPPED 3 catches, 1 in the deep and 2 of my own bowling. Then came our batting . We needed 236 runs of 45 overs in a relatively small ground. Our batting started of ok but we lost our first wicket early in the 20s but soon we were 65/3 in 10 overs. Then I entered the pitch not pitch was a MAT to be more precise. Opened my account with couple with a cover drive not nicely timed but good enough to open m account. The second over was a eventful one. I guess was my 6th ball came in with a pretty decent bounce crashed onto my chest. Hurt me real bad but didnt make to fuss abt it then. Then we lost one more wicket of our main batsman who won us the last match. Most of the people lost hope. Then me and the next batsmen build the innings and we had a partnership of 101. In the process i got 2 more blows on my right thigh. Pretty unusual for a right hand bat. Any way I got out when we needed 60 runs of abt 90 balls. Got out to a very bad delivery a slow full toss. but I thought i had rescued the team and brought close to the victory. So it was a nice rebuilding innings with 5 fours. at the end it boiled down to 17 runs of 6 overs and our last pair. well it was real close encounter and finally we won.with about 11 more balls to spare. a close finish.
Alls well that ends well. Everything went well had a nice sleep to realize in the morning that I had the BALL prints in my chest and my thighs. looked like a freaking TATOO with red and green color.Was paining like hell seemed as if the blood had clotted there. Hope things will be back to normal next week and I guess i have cemented my place for at least 2 games after the one yesterday.

5 comments:

Cinderella said...

You seem to have had a great day man !
Whats with the all's wel that ends well now,eh ?

badshah khan said...

@ cindrella: I mean we had almost won the match,... needed just 60 runs. but after we(me and my partner ) got out the match went till the wire. And everybody was like I threw my wicket should have played patiently and wot not. But finally we won.Once you win people tend to forget those small mistakes otherwise everything comes under a magnifying glass..and all this for justifying alls well that ends well..

IncorrigibleV said...

great im glad u won :)...
just take care of the ball prints...

Solitaire said...

Chalo thats good news!

Satanic Angel said...

aah so much for a tattoo :p i dont like cricket :-s